Friday, August 15, 2008

Question for a Christian Who Needs to Know Better


I love Jesus and Mo.  Check 'em out here.

---------------------------------------------

Over at The Raytractors, silentdave opened a thread for Christians to ask him questions.  He was hoping for questions from Cynthia, but she has been -- ahem -- less than forthcoming.  Patti/fourkid, however, was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed:

fourkid said... 


Oooo, ooo - 
question, question.......
::hand raised::: 
:::bopping out of seat:::

I have tried and tried to understand this, but to no avail - How can an atheist have morals?

You say societal norms - but all our Western societal norms are based on the laws of God. 

And non-Western societal norms are not pretty - I don't think most of you would enjoy them very much - think cannibalism. 

Blessings,
Patti
August 13, 2008 10:27 AM

--------------------------------

See what I mean?  Bright-eyed.  Bushy-tailed.  Blithering idiot.

Patti, how can the prisons be full of believers if it's the atheists who have no morals?

Do you suppose that the Israelites made it all the way to Mount Sinai before noticing that murder and theft might be less-than-good ideas?

And if you should lose your belief in your imaginary friend (hey, it happens) then what's to stop you from going all Jack the Ripper on us?

No comments: