Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Timor Mortis Conturbat Me

Said the preacher, "It takes no agility
Of mind to acquire this ability:
Though we all die and rot,
I know I will not!"
Apparently, he calls this "humility."

******************

The preacher would call me a sinner
'Cos I don't think his god is a winner.
Why should I be scared
Of his hell? Has he dared
To brave a Canadian winter?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to say hello and let you know I'm very glad you're blogging!

Weemaryanne said...

Thanks, FD. You may feel differently after you've endured some more of my versifying, but for now it's nice to have you on board!

Froggie said...

Wee,
You quoted,
"Why should I be scared
Of his hell? Has he dared
To brave a Canadian winter?"

Indeed. Hell is much more preferred than spending a winter in Canada! Is the ice off the rivers up there yet? :>

Weemaryanne said...

Dale,

Spring breakup is scheduled for 6:16am July 28th this year, with first freeze scheduled for 6:16am July 31st.

Milo said...

Wee,

No wonder you are a cold angry woman.

Nice work!